Dentures & Partial Dentures in Sacramento
At the practice of Raymond R. Benitez, DDS, we’re passionate about helping you improve the function and beauty of your smile. Since 1997, we have been providing comprehensive dental care to Sacramento patients. Dr. Benitez combines excellent treatment techniques and high-quality materials to promote your optimal oral health.
We have a wealth of experience providing dentures to replace your missing teeth, and we’re happy to address all your restorative needs. Our office is located in the 21st Street professional building in downtown Sacramento. You can easily spot us between the DMV Administration area and Tower Café. If you are looking to experience exceptional and compassionate care, call us today!
CALL US: (916) 452-3587 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What are Dentures Used for?
Dentures are appliances designed to fill the gaps created by missing teeth and prevent remaining teeth from shifting. Numerous factors can cause you to lose teeth, including decay, gum disease, accidents, and trauma from sporting injuries.
We can use complete or partial dentures depending on how many teeth you are missing. Dentures resemble your natural teeth and surrounding tissue, thus enhancing your bite function and smile’s appeal without being obvious.
Types of Dentures
Dentures can be full or partial, and each type may be fixed or removable. Here are more details about each type:
- Partial Dentures - In cases where not all teeth are missing, partial dentures are customized to replace any number of missing teeth. They help to support the remaining teeth against shifting.
- Full Dentures - When all teeth are missing, we can use a full denture to replace all your teeth. Since your gums are the foundation that holds your teeth together, it is important that we check your gum health and other oral health issues before proceeding with your treatment. Dentures are either immediate or conventional.
- Immediate Dentures - These are not customized. They are pre-made full dentures, ready to be inserted once your damaged teeth are removed. After your gum tissue heals, they will need to be adjusted or replaced.
- Removable Dentures – These are conventional dentures, and as the name implies, they can be removed at your convenience. They are generally created 4-6 weeks after your natural teeth have been removed. We customize them to fit your smile perfectly.
- Fixed Dentures – These are a permanent option supported by dental implants. These dentures are popular since they are stable and generally more comfortable than removal dentures. They provide the necessary stimulation to the jawbone, helping you retain your youthful facial structure.
Why Choose Dentures?
The most common reasons you may need dentures include:
- Enhancing your speech, chewing, and digestion.
- Replacing all teeth in an arch with a complete denture.
- Replacing a few teeth within an arch with a partial denture.
- Closing unattractive gaps between teeth, making your smile whole and confident.
The Process for Getting Your Dentures
This procedure usually takes several weeks and many appointments. However, it is worthwhile for reviving your oral health and maintaining your well-being. Here are the various stages involved:
- The initial visit: This step involves extracting all your damaged teeth. Depending on the number of teeth removed, Dr. Benitez will help you decide whether you need a full or partial denture.
- A healing period: You will need some resting time for your gums to heal and shrink to their permanent shape. The resting period varies from one patient to another according to the number of teeth extracted and how fast your gums can heal. It usually takes 4-6 months.
- Denture preparation: We will take accurate measurements through impressions (molds) to create your new custom denture.
- Choosing your new smile: Dr. Benitez will help you select your new teeth. We will assist you in deciding which tooth shapes and color shades best fit you.
- Receieving your dentures: Once your dentures are ready, you will be scheduled for an initial fitting visit. We will insert the dentures and work with you to make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable fit.
For fixed dentures, you will go through a similar process. However, you will need to have the dental implants placed first, then Dr. Benitez will provide you with high-quality dentures to complete your implants.
How to Care for Removable Dentures
If you choose removable dentures, you’ll need to care for and maintain them. This way, they will remain in good condition and last longer. Here are some simple care tips:
- When not in use, use special denture cleansers to soak your dentures.
- Brush your dentures daily and rinse them after every meal.
- Always handle them with great care to avoid them falling and breaking.
- Regularly follow good oral hygiene practices to prevent plaque.
- Get in touch with us immediately if your denture chips, cracks, breaks, or becomes loose-fitting.
How to Care for Fixed Dentures
There is no special care required for implant-supported dentures. Treat your new permanent teeth precisely as you do your natural teeth. Brush and floss for a minimum of two minutes twice a day, and make sure you undergo professional cleanings twice a year to avoid the accumulation of tartar and plaque and prevent gum disease.
Comprehensive Denture Treatments in Sacramento
Dr. Raymond R. Benitez and our compassionate staff are looking forward to helping you get the smile of your dreams. Talk to our friendly team today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (916) 452-3587 REQUEST APPOINTMENT